Ancients of Old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As times become more dire, dragons and humans alike arise to claim back the Artefacts. Are you going to join them in these endeavors, or will you join the Ancients?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» This isn't a crystallography book
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Emptyby Ignacia Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:49 pm

» A Lost Wandering [Private/Razakath]
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Emptyby Vyllaea Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:02 pm

» Sly, the Bladed Apothecary [WIP]
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Emptyby Sly Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:48 pm

» Vyllaea Ylldra
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Emptyby Sly Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 pm

» Grim [WIP]
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Emptyby Grim Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm

» Ziwuth Creaw
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Emptyby Ziwuth Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 am

» Svari of the Woods [WIP]
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Emptyby Svari Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:31 am

» Daemian Chayim
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Emptyby Daemian Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 pm

» Razakath the Eternal Fire
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Emptyby Mythryl Thu May 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 16 on Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:45 pm
Most active topic starters
Mediator
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] I_vote_lcapMysteries of the Past [Lore] I_voting_barMysteries of the Past [Lore] I_vote_rcap 
Mythryl
Mysteries of the Past [Lore] I_vote_lcapMysteries of the Past [Lore] I_voting_barMysteries of the Past [Lore] I_vote_rcap 
Rihzome
Vyllaea
Razakath
Daemian
Svari
Ziwuth
Grim
Sly
Top posters
Mythryl
Mediator
Rihzome
Vyllaea
Razakath
Ignacia
Sly
Daemian
Svari
Ziwuth

Mysteries of the Past [Lore]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mythryl
Admin
Mythryl

Mysteries of the Past [Lore] Empty
PostSubject: Mysteries of the Past [Lore]   Mysteries of the Past [Lore] EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 11:43 am

In the beginning, there was a single being. A powerful thing, which wandered the universe which it created alone. It treasured one planet over them all, the crystal clear waters and the exotic landscapes both were something which they adored. After many, many years, life slowly began to come forth, creatures. Small to start with, but they grew. They dwelt in the lands, ate the dying plants, and reproduced. The very actions themselves caused the Balance to be met. It was at that time, that the being finally smiled upon what laid around them. A true, complete and whole balance. However that slowly began to change as the creatures became sentient beings. Joy overflowed from the being at this as it spoke with them, taught them. But in the same time, its steps throughout the lands served another purpose; to restore the wounds of the land which began to creep along like spiderwebs...

Wounds?

Creatures called humans, and dragons, they both were something that had stood out among the others. But for all the wrong reasons. Humans took what they wanted from the grounds, destroying life, increasing death. Dragons attacked one another, asserting dominance and covering the lands with destruction. Cursing them both, the being stunted the growth of the dragons, and took away the humans ability to tear the ground freely. But the Balance which it sought, the precarious and fragile existence of it, was tattered and torn.

In grief, the being isolated itself, shutting the life, the healing, the order, the chaos, everything which it poured out, it sealed away in itself. A small pocket of untouched land, and from there, it watched as its own creations were destroyed by their own actions. Lands ceased to be lush and vibrant, deserts overtook the valleys of roses. Instead of being a welcoming area, they were nothing but sand and dust. Overthrown with grief as the situations continued to become worse, the being called upon 6 creatures. Dragons, humans, and the lesser humanoids, ones which hid themselves from the others. Once they responded to its invitation, the being granted them powers above all others, instructing them to be the guardians of the Balance, be what it couldn't be. It then split itself into 7 Artefacts, giving one to each of the its called ones. These were to be what it couldn't be, a balance for the realm of mortals, restoring and keeping order through the lands, ensuring that balance was kept. With that, it sent them out to do their duty.

The final fragment lingers on, watching in silence, which they had called Balance, in memory to what it strove to achieve, but never could find.

But when the others found out about these beings, who called themselves the Ancients, they began to see their influence as restriction. Their healing as damage. Their Balance as wrong. And they became envious, jealous, beginning to seek out the Artifacts which gave them their strengths, their motive and drive... After countless years had passed of wars, of restoration, and then aggression, they turned their backs of their true reason for being. The Ancients having hidden themselves, their Artefacts, becoming desperate to hide them from the world instead of using it for a true balance. Lost in time, the old memories fading, they trained the next in line. Some died young, some lived to see themselves grow corrupt with their own power. Tribes and cities formed, their some of their purposes to strive to become strong enough to take down the Ancients- to claim the Artefacts as their own. Others sought the Artefacts in secret, and others publicly.

But the fragment stirred, knowing what the Ancients had done. Its eye turned back towards its creation once more, the care, love, affection gone. Instead, Balance was replaced by an eternal turmoil of absolute fury and the drive to bring down justice upon those who had failed it.
Back to top Go down
https://ancientsofold.rpg-board.net

Mysteries of the Past [Lore]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ancients of Old :: Information :: Lore-
Jump to: