Ancients of Old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As times become more dire, dragons and humans alike arise to claim back the Artefacts. Are you going to join them in these endeavors, or will you join the Ancients?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» This isn't a crystallography book
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Emptyby Ignacia Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:49 pm

» A Lost Wandering [Private/Razakath]
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Emptyby Vyllaea Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:02 pm

» Sly, the Bladed Apothecary [WIP]
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Emptyby Sly Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:48 pm

» Vyllaea Ylldra
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Emptyby Sly Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 pm

» Grim [WIP]
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Emptyby Grim Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm

» Ziwuth Creaw
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Emptyby Ziwuth Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 am

» Svari of the Woods [WIP]
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Emptyby Svari Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:31 am

» Daemian Chayim
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Emptyby Daemian Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 pm

» Razakath the Eternal Fire
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Emptyby Mythryl Thu May 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 16 on Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:45 pm
Most active topic starters
Mediator
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) I_vote_lcapHow to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) I_voting_barHow to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) I_vote_rcap 
Mythryl
How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) I_vote_lcapHow to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) I_voting_barHow to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) I_vote_rcap 
Rihzome
Vyllaea
Vokul
Razakath
Daemian
Svari
Ziwuth
Grim
Top posters
Mythryl
Mediator
Rihzome
Vyllaea
Razakath
Ignacia
Sly
Daemian
Svari
Ziwuth

How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mediator

Mediator

How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) Empty
PostSubject: How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0)   How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Greetings,

If you are here, that means you probably want to know how to make abilities approval-worthy for the site. While your characters may have abilities as simple as a fire breath, just stating it as such is still not enough. We need to make sure that you can't constantly breathe fire 24/7, have a range of half the world or have fire hot enough to decompose diamond. And to do that, we will need some information about your character abilities. This guide will help give you at least the bare minimum on what is expected in an ability app before it will meet our approval standards. But if you want to learn how to make more ellaborate abilities that may be difficult to pass, feel free to open up any spoiler tags you may encounter along the way, as they will contain useful tips.

Now let's get to it!

--

Guide to making an ability

Name.

Name of your ability. Simple. You can go with a generic name or something fancier, but nothing too complex.

Description

Describe what your ability does. Give as much detail as you can on what effects it will have on other dragons or objects as well. Limitations of your ability must be added here, and the limitation + weakness must reflect the potency of your ability. For example, a fire ball may take up very little energy, but breathing a wall of flame may be even more exhausting and leave your character with fatigue. Duration of any positive and negative effects of your ability (if any) are to be done in posts, not in seconds or minutes.

Tip:

Cooldown

How long must your character wait before they can recast the same ability again? Remember, they have to be in posts. A good tip to making a reasonable cooldown is, the stronger the ability, the longer the cooldown.

Range

How far can your character's ability reach its target before dissipating? Unit of measurement should be in feet.

Weaknesses

How do you counter this ability? What is your ability weak against? This is different to limitations. Remember, the potency of your limitations + weaknesses must reflect the potency of your ability strengths.

Tips:

--

If you have any questions, feel free to ask us via PMs or throw us a message on the chatbox if we logged in.

Good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down

How to Create your Abilities (v 1.0)
Page 1 of 1